A fairly boring update today, but bug-fixes are always good.
- Fixed a bug where entering a level from the overworld after saving on another level would take you to the wrong level.
- Added back a missing sound effect when objects get teleported.
- Minor UI fixes to the pause screen and get ready screen, which looked bad on big monitors.
- Improved GPU vertex representation, which may improve performance, depending on your system.
- Added some achievements to the Steam version.
- Fixed the game being totally broken on DirectX 11.
- Testing on 3 platforms (DX/Win, GL/Win, GL/Mac) for every update is too much work for me, which is why updates often break the game. As we enter the "home stretch", with not much more to add, this kind of thing should happen less.
- The cause of this bug? It turns out that, on DirectX, if you use normalized int16 coords, you can use 4 of them (xyzw) or 2 (xy) but not 3 (xyz).
- I'm learning a great deal about 3D graphics on this project. Still, I might use a pre-made engine if I do another 3D game after this.