I didn't want to set a release date in advance and inevitably miss it; much better to just spring the news on you without warning on release day. Well, release day is today.
Early Access customers — your copy of Blackshift should update itself to version 2.3.0, the first public version.
itch.io customers — a Steam key is available on your itch.io purchase page, if you want to switch to Steam. If not, no problem, your copy will still work.
Everyone else — get on over to Steam to buy your copy!
Changes since RC7
This kind of defeats the point of release candidates, but I snuck in a few low-risk changes:
- Some changes to levels, most notably 2/6 and 4/5
- Added some dots to the map for players who need some direction
- Improved graphics of time bomb and shop computer
- Fixed a bug where the left and right audio channels were reversed
- Gave time bombs a charging sound before they explode